Everybody desire for healthy-looking hair. Hence, we tend to do things that can, unfortunately, damage the hair. An already damaged hair is susceptible and can easily break. Unknowingly, some everyday daily habits can ruin the beauty and wellness of hair. It is essential to find out these bad habits to discontinue doing it.
The good news is that simple daily routine changes can save your hair from future damages. The following are the most common bad habit people make to their hair, according to top Dermatologists.
- Rubbing Hair Length
The hair strand is very sensitive, no matter how thin or thick it is. A common bad habit is rubbing hair strands with shampoo. However, there are changes you can do to stop ruining your hair.
- Let the lather from the shampoo flow through the hair strand. Hence, one can do it by adding some water to the hair while you shampoo.
- Avoid rubbing the strand while rinsing the hair.
- Not Using Conditioner
Some people skip the use of hair conditioner. This hair product is an important hair treatment to maintain moisture and normal hair growth.
- It is better to use a hair conditioner right after every shampoo. Also, choose the right product with natural ingredients.
- Chlorine in Water
Swimmers are most of the time affected by this problem. Aside from chlorine, other chemicals in the pool are very damaging to the scalp and hair.
- Always wear a cap
- Rinse hair right after swimming
- There are a shampoo and conditioner specially formulated for swimmer’s hair
- Drying Hair Strand with a Towel
Rubbing the hair against the towel can cause a lot of damages to the hair length. As you rub, an ecstatic electricity form, and it can cause hair breakage.
- Wrap the towel around the hair to absorb excess water
- Air-dry the hair
- Brushing Wet Hair
It is almost the same as drying with a towel. Brushing the hair while still wet can create huge damage. Therefore, it is essential to be very cautious.
- For straight hair, you may allow it to dry a bit before brushing.
- It is good to brush curly or textured hair while still wet using a wide-tooth comb.
- Hot Air
Drying the hair using hot air from a blow drier, hot comb, or a hair iron can strip off the natural moisture. Hence, it can make the hair more prone to breakage.
- Let it dry naturally
- Set the drier to air dry or low heat setting
- Use it less frequently as possible
- Poor Eating habit
A diet that is very limited with hair vitamins and nutrients can affect the overall hair health. Additionally, a poor diet can make the hair strand weaker and lifeless. Always remember that health comes from the inside, so nourish your hair right.
- Eat a well-balanced diet with vegetables and fruits
- Do not limit meat intake, mostly red meat
- Avoid junk foods and sugary products
- If you are not getting enough vitamins and minerals in your diet, you could also consider boosting your daily intake with a hair growth supplement solution i.e. Beauty Peak Hair.
- Products with Chemicals
Fortunately, there are tons of hair care products that offer a lot of good promises. However, not all of them are true to their claims. Some products are heavy with damaging chemicals. Always look for hair growth shampoo with natural ingredients i.e. Beauty Peak Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Always read the ingredients of a product
- Be mindful of the word sulfate or sulfite
- Stay away from products with synthetic fragrance
- Tight Hairstyles
It is not bad to style the hair once in a while. However, choose the type of hairstyle wisely. It is good to avoid styles that pull back the hair tightly like ponytail, bun, or braid. It can damage hair follicles and cause falling hair.
- Wear your hair loosely as much as possible
- Choose a hairstyle that does not apply too much force to hair strands
- Chemical Treatment
Today, anyone can have the hair that they wanted. Curly hair can make become straight and vice versa. Hair treatments that are damaging are coloring, perming, relaxing, or rebonding. All of these treatments make use of chemicals.
- Hair touch up for treatment is done after 8 to 10 weeks and when the air is not dry.
- It is good to do only one hair treatment at a time
- Use a hair conditioner with natural ingredients after shampooing.
- Try a leave-on conditioner if you need to go out under the sun.
If all of these changes do not seem to help your hair, you may need to see a dermatologist assess your hair and scalp condition.
Did you know? Beauty Peak Hair Serum is made using a revolutionary A.B.S. (Anti-Breakage System) technology to help rebuild and repair the bonds in the hair, as well as preventing any damage before it even starts.
Need additional information? Get answers to your questions by asking our experts email@example.com or follow our Facebook/Instagram pages.